Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Homemade

If there's one thing me and my mum have always loved, it would be watches. However, thanks to having been given the one ultimate watch by my parents on my 21st birthday, I no longer have the means or need to buy another. Still, everytime I'm stuck in transit at an airport, I do my usual round and look at the watches they put out.

I digress. I really just want to feature Haruo Suekichi, a maker of steampunk watches (GET OUT, FOR REALS!) so I don't forget his work, his attitude, or his love for crafting everything by hand.

From Blogger Pictures


From Blogger Pictures


From Blogger Pictures


From Blogger Pictures


Somebody get me a watch like that last one! The article on PingMag, is such a fun read. so readit.

Lastly, since my graduation, I've been getting craftier than ever. I spent a day learning how to braid with 6-strands, and made my own mesh scarf. I'll prob spend another day figuring out how to integrate it into a shirt which I'll have to make myself too. To be continued.

From Blogger Pictures

ps> witness my first eye-bags borne from crafting and not (egads)drafting.

2 comments:

dobby said...

Eh..is this yr 2nd career plan after the blood & sweat of architecture school?

P/s scarf's interesting

Rei Salveron said...

thanks em! i do so like fooling around with materials.
ALSO, i miss home. i am wondering if i should come home earlier.... hmmmm.