Friday, December 14, 2007

Icicle Night

Icicle Night

First, I woke up to a great breakfast of warm toast, delicious scrambled eggs, and one of the best mushroom dishes I've had in quite a while.

Then, it started snowing. Beautifully.

I spent the entire day (and night) slaving away at my essay (it's now done!) while a light rain baked the fresh snow on the trees and everywhere in New York into icicles.

Lastly, in the euphoria of the essay off my list of finals, I ran out into the early morning streets with a camera and tripod, freezing but happy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's gorgeous! I was on my way up to Oxford y-day and everything was white (frost, not snow!). Pity I didn't have a camera with me. What make is yours? I can't find a decent compact camera, although I need to wait until I earn some money before buying it anyway. (I had a SLR for 2 years before I learnt what all the buttons and dials do!)

As for photoshop, thanks for the tip. I really need to get myself using that stuff - none of my photos are retouched at the mo and some could do with tweaking!

xaethos said...

I'm still slaving away at my essay! xD

The trees--decorated with ice and light--were truly beautiful. I'm glad we took that break out into the cold.

Rei Salveron said...

four-seasons are pretty.

heh, i used a second-hand Nikon D40, it's a good beginner's SLR, after about half a year of letting it sit around, i now know how to adjust on it is exposure and ISO speed. ^^;

i think these cameras are usually too smart for me though so it takes a while to get used to. many times i miss my compact camera.....

as for photoshop, i usually feel its great to fiddle ard with (for digital-art's sake) but recently when it comes to photography, there's always that purist pride in taking an un-shopped pic. hehh.

Rei Salveron said...

poor boy! hopefully these last days will be over soon enough and we can take a much needed break together.
*hugs*

Meimou said...

it's so beautiful!!!!
good luck with everything
Fran

Meimou said...

ps: your pics are awesome!

Rei Salveron said...

frani, estoy muy feliz que verte en mi blog! muchos abrazos chica! ^x^